The keywords that describe the goings-on at Guitarium are playfulness and joyful partnerships. In our 45- to 90-minute group classes, we teach technique, eurhythmics, and music theory. The study modules normally last 12 weeks for kids and 6 weeks for adults. We set group objectives while also paying attention to everyone’s individual goals.
Kids can enrol at Guitarium in September and January. Adults can enrol every couple of months. After passing the introductory course, you can join a follow-up course and become a member of Guitarium. You can study at Guitarium all year round. You may take leaves of absence of whatever length. You are still welcome back to continue where you left off whether you have been absent for three months or three years. Each Guitarium student will receive a personalized timeline that will include different milestones related to studying the instrument. This will help keep track of one’s progress. This timeline can be six months, six years, or sixty years in length.
At Guitarium, we use classical Spanish guitars with nylon strings (or steel-string acoustic guitars). Using a classical guitar is no hindrance in terms of genres: music is universal, and we will be playing everything from Ed Sheeran to Mozart, from folk tunes to metal riffs. You will learn to read sheet music, play by ear, and freely express yourself musically. The cornerstones of our approach are eurhythmics and creative movement activities so that students would also learn to use their bodies as musical instruments. There is no room for a sense of shame or discomfort at Guitarium. We are open, friendly, curious, and invested.On the 27th of August 2020, the Ministry of Education and Research granted Guitarium a license to conduct hobby education and registered its curriculum "Guitar playing" in the Estonian education information system (code: 217562). Tuition fees paid for children studying at Guitarium are considered as training costs and 20% income tax is refunded (more information from the Estonian Tax and Customs Board).
- There is no need to bring your own (or rented) instrument with you every time, as we have plenty available on spot for use during the lessons.
- Try to be 5 to 10 minutes early. But do not be more than 15 minutes early, as the previous class will still be ongoing.
- Students with no symptoms of infectious diseases are welcome to attend classes. All adult students of Guitarium should have a valid COVID certificate (proving vaccination or recovery from COVID-19).
- We do not wear outdoor footwear indoors.
- We do not use smartphones while in class.
- If you borrow an instrument and take it home, take good care of it and notify us immediately should something happen to it.
- Please let us know if you cannot attend a class: write an email to email@example.com or send a text to +372 56 982 777. In this case, you can participate in a similar group’s lesson.
- Upon filling out the registration form for your selected course, you will receive an invoice for €40 via email. The payment will reserve you a place at the course. This registration fee will not be refunded if you later choose to not participate. If there are no vacancies for your selected course (check the course description to see how many spots are available), you can go on a waiting list.
- You can pay for the course in a single or in multiple instalments.
- If you quit less than halfway through the course, you will receive a Guitarium gift card that equals 50% of the cost of that course. E.g.: If you have paid €200 for a 12-week course and you quit after three weeks, you will receive a €100 gift card.
- If you are absent for two consecutive weeks, you are eligible to receive a discount equal to 50% of the price of the classes that you missed if you sign up for another Guitarium course. E.g.: if the course costs €140 and a 90-minute class costs €20, then being absent from two 90-minute classes means you get a discount of €20*2 minus 50% (equaling €20) off your next Guitarium course.
- Find information about the prices for individual sessions here.
- If the teacher is absent, the class will be refunded or conducted by a substitute teacher.
- Tuition fees paid for children studying at Guitarium are considered as training costs and 20% income tax is refunded (more information from the Estonian Tax and Customs Board).