The keywords that describe the goings-on at Guitarium are playfulness and joyful partnerships. In our 45-minute and 90-minute group classes, we teach technique, eurhythmics, and music theory. The study modules last 12 weeks for kids and 7 weeks for adults. We set group objectives while also paying attention to everyone’s individual goals.
Kids can enroll at Guitarium in September and January. Adults can enroll every couple of months. After passing the introductory course, you can join a follow-up course. You can study at Guitarium all year round. You may take leaves of absence of whatever length. You are still welcome back to continue where you left off whether you have been absent for three months or three years. Each Guitarium student will receive a personalized timeline that will include different milestones related to studying the instrument. This will help keep track of one’s progress. This timeline can be six months, six years, or sixty years in length.
At Guitarium, we use classical Spanish guitars with nylon strings (or steel-string acoustic guitars). Using a classical guitar is
no hindrance in terms of genres: music is universal, and we will be playing
everything from Ed Sheeran to Mozart, from folk tunes to metal riffs. You will
learn to read sheet music, to play by ear, and to freely express yourself
musically. The cornerstones of our approach are eurhythmics and creative movement
activities so that students would also learn to use their body as a musical instrument. There is no room for a sense of shame or discomfort
at Guitarium. We are open, friendly, curious, and invested.
- There is no need to bring your own (or rented) instrument with you every time, as we have plenty available on spot for use during the lessons.
- Try to be 5 to 15 minutes early. But do not be more than 15 minutes early, as the previous class will still be on-going.
- We do not wear outdoor footwear indoors.
- We do not use smartphones while in class.
- If you borrow an instrument and take it home, take good care of it and notify us immediately should something happen to it.
- Please let us know if you cannot attend a class: write an email
to email@example.com or send a text to 56 982 777.
- Upon filling out the registration form for your selected course, you will receive an invoice for €40 via email. The payment will reserve you your place at the course. This registration fee will not be refunded if you later choose to not participate. If there are no vacancies for your selected course (check the course description to see how many spots are available), you can go on a waiting list.
- You can pay for the course in a single or in multiple installments.
- Students, university students, and teachers get a 20% discount for the courses for E, F, G groups.
- If more than one child from a family attends Guitarium courses, a discount will be granted.
- If you quit less than halfway through the course, you will receive a Guitarium gift card that equals 50% of the cost of that course. E.g.: If you have paid €150 for a 12-week course and you quit after three weeks, you will receive a €75 gift card.
- If you are absent for two consecutive 90-minute or four 45-minute classes, you are eligible to receive a discount equal to 50% of the price of the classes that you missed if you sign up for another Guitarium course. E.g.: if the course costs €140 and a 90-minute class costs €20, then by being absent from two 90-minute classes means you get a discount of €20*2 minus 50% (equaling €20) off your next Guitarium course.
- Find information about the prices for individual sessions here.
- In case the teacher is absent, the class will be refunded or it will be conducted by a substitute teacher.
- At present, you cannot apply for a tax refund for the courses.